Thursday, April 28, 2011

Birthday Sassiness and all it entails.

It’s my birthday!  And in my own words, that gives me liberty to be sassy.  This is what I tell everyone when it’s their birthday so I think naturally it applies to me too.  I’ve had a really great couple of days.  Yesterday Andrew took me on a scavenger hunt/memory date to some of the monumental places in our relationship.  We went everywhere from Woodland Junior High to my old house on Rom Orchard Road in Fayetteville.  Upon the arrival at each destination He gave me an envelope telling me about some of the great memories we had at each spot.  I’ll share some of them with you.  

1.    Our first destination-Woodland Junior High.  This is where Andrew first noticed me and to quote him, he “yearbook stalked” me. In this letter he also reminded me of my Sadie Hawkins day experience in 9th grade.  To start, my entire family, that is my mom, dad, and sister who was four at the time went to pick up my date.  We had one of those awesome Quest minivans at the time.  It had one of those T.V.s in it that played movies.  We had Barney on that night.  So when my date hops in the car, probably completely mortified that my entire family is with me, instead of sitting in the very back seat with me he sits next to my sister in the middle seat where there were only two spots.  So I sat in the back by myself while my date sat next to my four year old sister and watched a Barney video.  Classic.  I think I might repeat this same experience for my children when they get to the appropriate age.  Good times. 

2.       Next was Fayetteville High school.  There were some definite monumental memories here, but one of my favorites was the time I tackled Andrew in the choir room.  And yes it was a complete and total flat liner!  He went all the way to his stomach.  See we hadn’t been dating very long and Andrew is really really smart and we got back our PSAT scores one day and he was trying to look at what score I got and it was awful and panic came over me.  I saw from across the room him slowly unfolding the tri-folded piece of paper and it was like everything switched to slow motion.  Can’t you just picture it?  Nooooooooo in the Darth Vader type voice as I run over and close line him from behind.  Success!  He didn’t see it.  He still doesn’t know to this day what I got on that test.  Mostly because I don’t remember.  He told me this was the first time he thought to himself, “Wow.  I could marry this girl.”  What a keeper.  Most guys would’ve been intimidated by my oh so strong tackling abilities, but not this guy.  

3.        We went a few more places here and there and we ended up at my old apartment, the Crownes off of Razorback Road.  We talked about all the fun times we had with my roommates and the great after party that took place there after we got engaged.  Fun times. After being with Andrew nearly 7 years now I can honestly say that there is not a man in the world I would rather be spending my life with than Andrew Brewer!  He is the epitome of a servant and a man of intense integrity and honesty.  He is one of those rare men that have such a goodness and integrity about them.  And I don’t credit this goodness to Andrew alone, his parents and more importantly the God of the universe had a hand in this. His heart for Jesus and people is evident to everyone who has ever hung out with him for more than a day.  He is one of the biggest dreamers I have ever met and has challenged me more than any human being ever has.  Just wanted to brag a little on you Andrew!  Thanks for an amazing birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment