Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Earth day, sinus infections, and opera.

I can’t figure out when Earth Day is supposed to be celebrated.  The calendar says it’s supposed to be on Friday, but since it is good Friday we’re observing it today or something like that?  I’m so confused.  I love Earth day and even have a rockin’ shirt I got from preschool that I was planning on wearing to celebrate.  Oh well.  I’ll ride a bike and throw a few plastic cans in my parents recycling bin to celebrate, since we don’t have one in our apartment.   And now that I think of it I’m pretty sure my bike is still chained to the stairs at our old apartment and has a rusted chain, so on second thought, I may just take a walk or something.  

So enough about the earth, let me fill you in on life the past couple of weeks.  We are moving to Denver in 38 days!  Wahoo!  And as my husband posted on facebook this morning, it is definitely a bittersweet feeling.  I’ve cried quite a bit lately thinking about how much I’m going to miss everything here, especially my family and the wonderful community we have here.  It’s hard, but I really feel like it’s what we’re supposed to do.  Still no jobs, but we are taking a short trip out there the 7-11 of May to get housing lined up and hand out our resumes to any and every company we can find. 
I’ve been fighting some kind of sinus infection or something the past two weeks.  I thought I was pretty much over it, but I woke up at 4 this morning with my lymph nodes being the size of grapefruits.  It hurts to walk and especially talk.  Lucky for you I can still type.  I don’t want to say that I “hate” being sick because I don’t like the word hate, but by golly there’s not much else that makes me more frustrated!  I’ve had to cancel so many lessons with my students, lay on the couch that has a huge bar that makes my rear have a bruise and pretty much inhibit me from doing everything I need to do.  So, prayers for healing are appreciated! 

Andrew and I have been blessed to get to spend a lot of good quality time together lately.  It’s such a blessing because our schedules have been so hit and miss pretty much our entire marriage.  We had a date last week that was oh so fun.  We had sushi, went bowling, and watched the Office.  Doesn’t get much better!  Nothing too eventful happened at dinner, but the bowling alley was a different story.  I think every high school or junior high kid in the radius of a 100 miles were there.  What was especially bothersome though, was the fact that I saw a girl who looked like my sister’s age (12 that is) who I guess was dating, or more like groping a guy who had a five inch beard and looked like he could be my Dad’s age.  And no, it wasn’t her Dad.  Ick.  I wanted to go give them both a good ear full, but I decided not to.  After bowling we stopped at a gas station to get a snickers ice cream bar and a hostess cupcake pack.  Quality, I know.  On the way back to our apartment I was telling Andrew how I sometimes missed singing opera.  I started singing one of the songs I sang in college and as I looked to my right while I was singing my heart and soul out was an African American man in a Lincoln Oldsmobile with spinners giving me a, “what a cracker,” look.  Oh, and he had a pit-bull in the front seat.  Not kidding.  I didn’t realize we had the windows down.   Hilarity abounded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment