Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rocky Mountain Adventure!


Hello, hello, hello!  It’s been awhile since you’ve heard from us….sorry about that!  Andrew and I just got back from Denver last night.  We had quite an adventure.  After literally hundreds and hundreds of miles of driving across the ugliest state in the world, Kansas, and trying to navigate around Denver, Andrew has a job and we have a place to live!  Wahoo!!  Andrew will be working at a Subaru car dealership in North Denver and we’ll be living in an awesome apartment community called Tanglewood Estates in the suburb of Westminster. 

I have so many mixed emotions about moving.  I have literally been in tears for about 2 hours today.  Everything I have ever known is here in Fayetteville.  My family, my friends, southern accents, crazy weather, and everything else in between.  I’m not going to lie, I felt super lonely while we were there, really isolated.  We stayed with some of my family, but it was a really strange, but good time.  This move will be one of the riskiest and hardest things I’ve ever done, but hopefully it will also be one of the best.  Because we know maybe 5 people in Denver, Andrew and I will have to learn to really rely on just Jesus and each other.  This will be so good for us, but with growing and maturing sometimes comes growing pains.  Please be in prayer for us and our families as we transition into this next season of life. 

On a lighter note, here are some fun pictures from the trip!





                                                All ready for the ugly plains of Kansas!

                                             

                                             I think we've seen enough, Blackwell...

                                                      Fun little sushi place in Westminster....
                                                
                                            The beautiful Rockies!!

1 comment:

  1. O man, those Rockies look great! May follow you west... :)

    ReplyDelete