Monday, March 28, 2011

Oreos?




Oh brethren.  This is absolutely what I want to be doing right now:  stuffing a whole bunch of Oreos in my mouth.  Why is it such a battle to eat healthy and exercise?  I mean really.  I’m writing this post right now to distract myself from eating the entire bag of Oreos that are in my pantry right now.   I don’t want to throw them out because I feel like I’m being wasteful.; all the sponsor a child infomercials fill my head as I debate whether or not to throw them out.  Geez Louise.   And why is it that an extra 10 pounds appears suddenly after a person gets married?  Good grief.
I want to take care of my temple, I really do.  And maybe I should start asking Jesus to walk alongside of me as I do it rather than just pulling myself up by my bootstraps to try and get it done myself.  I want Jesus to develop this area of self-control in my life.  I feel like this isn’t talked about much in Christian circles that I’ve been in.  I want to start talking about it more though.  We are body, spirit, and soul.  And if Jesus said we are His temple, then by golly I want to make it the best temple I can.  I need some accountability on it though, just like I need accountability with taking care of the other two parts of my temple, my soul and spirit.  It’s just neat how God’s using even this hard time of resisting Oreos to further the fruit of self-control within me.  Thanks, Abba. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! Doing that same thing right now. Preach it girl!

    ReplyDelete